Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Guest Post : My Emilie

I have a nice surprise for you guys - my best friend, Emilie, is guest posting today! [And yes, we do have mullet wigs on standby. You never know when you may need one.]DSC00233It’s her first post so give her some love – she’s going to need it for the next few weeks as she’ll become a full-fledged mommy in just a couple of days!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So…this is the first blog I have ever written. Not real sure why I am doing it other than the fact that Tam told me too.

[Tam edit: She had already pinterested, facebooked & tweeted her limit for the day. I just thought a blog post was a natural progression – I mean, that’s how I roll.]

I am her Emilie, and I am truly an awesome person, especially when you get to know me. I will go to bat for you even if I don’t agree with what is going on if I love you or even like you enough, no questions asked. I even wake up early on my Saturdays (before pregnancy, well before 3rd trimester of pregnancy) to either go support or walk in 5K’s with a certain running fanatic, even though I am pretty positive I can never be a running addict like her.

[Tam edit: I entice her with images of shopping fiascos with no judgey husband’s and Mexican food. She loves it.]

I am married to Tamara’s husband’s best friend Justin. We consider ourselves pretty lucky that we like each other as much as we do. Trust me, our husbands wouldn’t care If we liked each other or not, they would still have their bromance thing going on that is more than ridiculous.

[Tam edit: I don’t have enough fingers or toes to count how many times Justin & Alfred have told us they are moving in together and Emilie & I can just fend for ourselves.]

Justin and I have been married for 2-1/2 years and I am currently 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant and officially over it.  I never thought I would be because this is what we wanted for so long. [The trying to conceive blog, totally about me]. And I never really understood the pregnant women at the end of their pregnancies. They whined about everything! I can say with 100% certainty that I  completely know why they whined about everything! Up until I was 32 weeks, I felt great! I was lucky enough not to have morning sickness, except when I drank my beloved coffee, so I just gave it up. Other than that, I was great, loved every minute of it! Then I tore my meniscus, was on crutches for 2 weeks, a knee immobilizer for 3 and a brace for another 2 or so. And now I am PAST DUE and Tanner hasn’t made any indication that he is planning on coming out. But there is a light at the end of this tunnel, Thursday I am being induced and we will have our Tanner Dane in our arms for the first time. I am tearing up  just typing this so I know I will be a blubbering, hormonal mess the day of. After 18 months of trying and 10 months of housing him, I will finally get to see him!!!

I know you can’t wait to see pictures, trust me, Tamara will post plenty!

[Tam edit: It’s true. I’m going to advise that if you have any inkling of baby fever stewing in those loins of yours that you avoid my blog in the upcoming weeks. I can’t even promise that I will come out of this unscathed. In fact, I’m going to go ahead and publicly apologize to my husband for any crazy antics my nether regions may come up with if I happen to get a case of the baby fever. I am sorry husband. Forgive me, I know not what I do. Also, blame Emilie.]

3 comments:

meg said...

nice to meet Emilie! good luck with labour. never been there so i can't even imagine... but ya, I hear it's well worth it haha

Katie said...

Good to meet you Emilie! So excited for you and the birth of your little one, and I can't wait to see pictures! :)

Abbey said...

Hi Emilie! Love the name Tanner. It's my bff's little brother's name and will always be a good one in my book. Can't wait to see his face!