Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Conversation


10 years ago I was ready to get out of my hometown and make my mark in this world.  I just knew exactly where my life was going and how I was going to get there.

6 years ago I bought a dress, and in that dress I became a wife to a man who has made one helluva husband. I had no idea where my life was going and I was okay with it, I knew I'd get to where I was going when I needed too.

5 years ago we were constantly surrounded by friends and parties and had little to worry about other than a car payment and making it to work on time. We would spontaneously head to Galveston for the weekend with no plans other than probably having to sleep in the truck - we had life in abundance.

2 years ago I was counting down the days till graduation and simultaneously dreading it for fear of losing the great friendships I had made. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find a better job, but didn't want to leave the safety of my current one. Alfred and I began to truly enjoy our lifestyle and often would end the day sitting on the back porch with a 6-pack and some country music in the background.

1 year ago I was thoroughly convinced my uterus hated me because I wasn't pregnant. My best friend was getting married (I had a kickass dress to wear!) and I finally fit into a pair of skinny jeans without feeling like a buttered up walrus in a scuba suit.

And less than 24 hours ago, I had one of the best conversations of my life. 






I have to admit, that while I miss moment's from my past and dwell on them during 5:30am feedings (too late to go back to bed and too early to get a good foot on the day!) if I had the option to go back - no way in hell would I. 

Lillie makes my now so much better than my then could have ever hoped to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! She is hilarious!!

Brandi

sandy said...

That is a wonderful conversation, and you will have so many, many more that are equally as amazing! Your blog is just awesome! You write beautifully...and I am NOT surprised by that at all! :O) I am SO happy for you...for all of you!

Jenna L said...

Tamara! I am crying right now. You are an amazing Mother. Moments like these will disappear so quickly. Like a thred that dwindles in the wind on a breezy summer day. Did that sound good or what? Sorry, I'm trying to attemt to be as good as you. Not working. Love ya!