Thursday, January 13, 2011

Resolutions: Week 1

I thought to keep myself on track, I'd use this blog to update how my resolutions for this year are going weekly. 

  • Resolution 1 - not getting pregnant
    • I am completely on track with this one. Praise the sweet baby Jesus.
  • Resolution 2 - meeting my goal weight
    • I signed up for WeightWatchers last week. This is what I did last year when I lost 25 lbs and became so close to my goal before becoming pregnant. Alfred is on board with me as far as eating and cooking healthier, so this has been a godsend. In the past, he's not always approved of some of the 'healthy' alternatives I've tried. Although, I have to admit Turkey Burgers are definitely not an alternative I ever want to try again. We cleaned out the pantry and refrigerator to help us stay on top of this when I go shopping this weekend 
    • I've also started officially working out this week. I'm fortunate in that with my job we have a free gym if we choose to utilize it. It's the building next to mine, so 3-4 times a week during lunch I'm walking over and getting my sweat on. I have a great new workout play-list, some awesome sports bras and the motivation to become that coveted MILF role I so desire. 
  • Resolution 3 - running a half-marathon
    • I may be crazy but I've shipped out $22 bucks and signed up to run a 5k on the 29th of this month. I did this 5k last year and the feeling of accomplishment and pride I felt afterwards was amazing. I know that I may not actually run the entire race, or beat my time from last year but I'm okay with that. I just need something that will keep my motivation up for the next couple weeks until I can make working out more of a habit than a chore. I've recruited my friend Lauren to join in this with me...and if anyone else is interested in jamming to a great play-list in the freezing cold January 29th with two incredibly awesome people click here for more information about it.
So, that's it. I'm still feeling good about these resolutions, but it is only the 1st week. I think the real testament is going to be how I feel about them (and keeping on top of them) after the excitement and new wears off. Well, except for maybe resolution #1. I'm pretty sure the excitement of not being pregnant for the next 12 months is in no way going to decrease. If it does, you have every right to slap me with a piece of ham.

No comments: