Tuesday, March 22, 2011

4 Months Later

Lillie is now 12 lbs 5 oz and 25 inches long and right where she needs to be developmentally. She's been sleeping through the night for the past month and  has the cute, innocent act down to perfection when we're in public.  I have no complaints.Which is why I believe we'll have hell to pay when our next child comes.  

But, 4 months. Sweet baby Jesus, it's been 4 months. It blows my mind. I mean, as I was growing up and I'd hear adults say "Now, sweetie, enjoy it now because the older you get the faster it goes"  I'd nod, smile and roll my eyes (of course, while they weren't looking - I wasn't stupid). But it's true, after hitting 21 it really feels like my life has just flown by. And it's gone even faster with what free time I had before Lillie being occupied by, well, Lillie.

I mean, my 10 year high school reunion is next year for pete's sake.
And I actually look forward to Way Back Wednesday's on the radio.

*sigh*

I can only imagine how fast the rest of my days are going to come. But for now, I'm doing my damdest to enjoy the time I have with the two loves of my life.

Beer and wine...oh, wait, uhh I mean Lillie and Alfred.

Dammit.

No comments: