Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Addiction: iTunes

I have this problem. And the problem with this problem is that I fully embrace it. I do not want to give it up. I, I, ....love it. I lust for it. I would roll around naked in bed with it if I could. I love the way it makes me feel. I love the way it makes me remember. I love the way it sounds. 

I..I..am an iTunes whore. I buy music like a lonely woman downs a box of chocolates, I start with one and before I know it I'm sitting in a pile of brown paper wrappers licking chocolate-stained fingers and hoping that Alfred doesn't walk through that door to witness my fall. 

I don't go looking for 7 new songs to add to my 1400 + songs I already own when I only really want just one. It's iTunes. I mean, it knows things.

This, my friends, is the conversation that would happen if iTunes could talk.
iTunes: Heyyyyy Tamara! Girl, where you been? I ain't seen you lately, you've been missing out.
Me: Oh, yeah, you know, I've been around. Just chilling, really.
iTunes: I see you just bought Lady Gaga, she's rocking it, ain't she?
Me: Ohhhh yeah, I couldn't resist. We're going to Mud Nationals in a few weeks and I wanted a good playlist.
iTunes: Girl, why didn't you tell me! You should reallllly look at Katy Perry "Firework", based on your recent purchases, I bet you'd enjoy her.
Me: Ohh, I don't know. I shouldn't.
iTunes: Come on, Tam. It's me. It's ME. Why would I lie to you? You're going to love it, and I already have all your information. All you have to do is click purchase, baby. No one will have to know but you, me, and that lovely little iPod you have. 
Me: Yeah...yeah, yeah you're right, it's not a big deal. It's just two songs. Not a big deal. Right?
<*click*>
Me: Okay, done.
iTunes: See, not so bad. Oh, and by the way did you see we now have 69cent songs?

The last thing I hear is maniacal iTunes laughter and frantic clicking of the mouse.

I justify it to myself in the way that, hey, at least it's not crack-cocaine? I mean, it helps me sleep at night that way. 
Do you have any vices that you hate loving so much?

No comments: