Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Training Tuesday 8.13.13


This link-up is just a way to talk about training [in any way, for anything] to help hold ourselves accountable and possibly brag a bit. I mean, you ran 1 mile without stopping – you totally deserve a chance to brag about it! That shit is hard. You did 10 push-ups in a row, HOLLLEERRR.


My Training

I did Insanity a couple times last week and then Lillie had – get this – a 104.5 fever at daycare and the remainder of my week was focused on nestling her back into her sweet-natured self. You know, the self that chases the cat around, somehow manages to catch her & then force her to lay still underneath a blanket on the recliner. You can just see the love in Smokey’s face.

IMG_1908

I started working on marathon plans, but was getting stupid overwhelmed. So I’ve decided that I will just focus on each upcoming race that I have already in the books and base my plan(s) off that. I have a pretty strong base already when it comes to 5ks since I’ve been running fairly consistently for the past year at that distance. So I haven’t created a 5k plan, I just jumped right into the 10k.

10k Training Plan 2013

Last year when I created a 10k plan I was just focused on the miles to put in. I wasn’t concerning myself with time since no matter what I did I was going to PR (the joy of racing a distance for the first time!) But this year, I want to be faster so I’ve actually incorporated tempo runs. This is totally new to me, so I’m excited to jump in and complain about it all to whoever will listen. (Read: You guys)

You’ll also notice Manic Moj Monday – if you’re new here you’ll hear me talk about Mojgan on occasion. She is a beast in the gym and has been an amazing inspiration to me when it comes to working out and (trying) to eat better. She loves running stairs & I think it will only help me be stronger when it comes to to the hills of the 10k I’m running (and for the half in January that follows a similar course – HILLS & MORE HILLS). 

If you have any suggestions on the plan above or just want to say hello, comment below!

4 comments:

Amanda Arr said...

Rock star!

Just make sure that when you do your tempo runs you warm up and cool down after moving your legs fast. And even though they suck (and I skipped mine today), ice baths after a tough workout will help the legs recover quicker.

I'll blog again someday. :P

The Lady Okie said...

If it were me, I'd take 2 days rest/week. Also, training plans are very overwhelming. That's why you need to just write one out and do it! I combined like 4 into the perfect Amanda Plan. And it was brilliant.

Kaitlin said...

Agh, still can't believe that fever! Glad she is OK now :) That schedule is terrifying ... reminds me I need to make one for my half though...

meg @ you're meaghan me crazy! said...

that kitty looks like either (1) it is head over heels in love or (2) trying to figure out a way to strangle Lillie without anyone knowing. since I am a dye hard cat fan I'm going with the love one!
you're schedule rocks I need to do that! I need a goal first.
also, what is XT? and tempo?