Friday, October 26, 2012

Random Thursday: All Things Halloween

thursdaybutton1Doing a new link-up this week with Em, Lin & Sarah. Basically, they give you a topic and you write. Easy motherbeeping peasy. Also, it helps me look more consistent as a blogger since sometimes I’m up the creek without a paddle when it comes to ideas. God bless the blogosphere & link-ups.  And yes, I know it says Random Thursday and here it is Friday…but I do love a good procrastination. [Fun fact: As a teenager I thought procrastination meant masturbation – talk about awk.ward.]RT15 So, as you can guess this one is about Halloween. Which is my favorite holiday. I know a lot of people say Christmas [presents!], or birthdays [presents & cake!], or Easter [God Loves Me!] but I like to go with…candy. I mean, how can you go wrong with candy? It’s delicious. Freaking delicious.

But more than candy, I think I love the idea of dressing up. Maybe it’s because growing up I loved me some theatre, or maybe it’s because sometimes my childhood was pretty shitty [moving a lot, alcoholism, blah blah shit shit], or maybe it’s just because I’m fucking awesome. So, when Lillie was set to be born in November I pleaded and prayed that she’d pop out two weeks early on Halloween. No such luck. But we did celebrate her first Halloween in style.

The Flinstones picnik Flintstone style, that is. And yes, those are all totally hand-made costumes [I may love Halloween, but I do not love spending way too much money on something worn once]

And for her 2nd Halloween, she has thrown on a cape and set out to fight evil in the world. Mama’s so proud.DSC02041 Wonder Lillie totally rocked the heck out of Family Treat Night [the girls’ dorms on campus dress up & pass out candy to faculty/staff’s children. South Russell you did a great job!]

And a few years ago, I wanted to go to a Halloween party so badly that I said, “Fuck it. I’m throwing my own.” And it was awesome. I mean, only a handful of us showed up but trust me, bigger isn’t always better. We threw down.

1-My Pictures3 1-My Pictures2I know,  I know. You are jealous. And it’s okay to feel that way. It is.

So, yeah, favorite holiday for really no other reason than candy & I have a legit reason to get dressed up. But there’s no shame in that.

What are your Halloween plans this year?

We may hit up a haunted house sometime this weekend, but that’s probably the extent of it for us since Lilz has already been trick-or-treating. Oh, and we’ll do pumpkins sometime this weekend because that is a must. 
Deathly Pumpkin

10 comments:

Jodi said...

I loved Halloween as a kid but not so much as an adult - I mean I love seeing little kids dress up but I'm not into dressing up. Have a fun weekend!

Abbey said...

Jeez you have the cutest kid. And I totally would have believed it if you had said you'd paid lots for your Flintstone costumes. They look awesome!

Syndal said...

"Christmas [presents!], or birthdays [presents & cake!], or Easter [God Loves Me!" hahahah I love this. And I love candy too.

Ruthy said...

Halloween is so much fun as an adult. I love going to as many parties as possible just so that I can get to dress up. I agree with you that bigger is not always better. I like nice little quiet gatherings.

Sara said...

The Flinstones costumes are amaze-balls!

Adrienne said...

Heeeeeey! I'm back! Hahha! Superb Halloween costumes! You're super talented and lovely :)

Lin said...

I've always wanted to dress up as Betty & Barney Rubble since I have dark hair & the hubs is blonde. We've actually been planning on being them for the last 3 years...maybe it's about time we move on? haha.

meg said...

WHY AM I JUST SEEING THIS NOW!!
sorry for yelling but that Flinstone costume is unreal...

meg said...

WHY AM I JUST SEEING THIS NOW!!
sorry for yelling but that Flinstone costume is unreal...

meg said...

WHY AM I JUST SEEING THIS NOW!!
sorry for yelling but that Flinstone costume is unreal...