Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Liebster Award

So a few thousand years ago two really awesome people nominated me for the Liebster Award and I didn’t appropriately respond because sometimes I can be a slacker blogger. The rules are to thank the people, write 11 things about yourself, nominate 11 people & answer 11 questions.

Thank you to Meg from You’re Meaghan Me Crazy [You can’t tell me that’s not a hilariously clever and awesome blog name!] and Sara from Maurer Power [who is an amazing photographer and all-around person!] for nominating me. You guys are rock-stars. I’m not going to nominate 11 people because I’m a slacker blogger and pretty much half the people I would nominate have already done it & the other half don’t know who I am because I’m a creeper blogger in that way.

But I do have my 11 random facts listed below as well as the questions Meg & Sara sent me way. It’s a fairly long post with a whole lot of crap about me. Feel free to skip & judge as needed.

11 Random Facts
1. Sometimes when I know I’m going to eat a piece of candy and I don’t want to share…I’ll hide in the closet so Lillie doesn’t see me. [I haven’t had my own plate of food at home for 2 years now!]
2. I was in a children’s play in high school – Hansel & Gretel – where I played a goblin twin. We had to have a fake impromptu argument on stage and instead of calling my twin a ‘lollipop’ or something equally silly I said “Butthead”. The silence was deafening.
3. I always hear people complain about how people touched their pregnant bellies – that never happened with me.
4. This has been the first year that I’ve been serious with running, but my first 5k was actually in 2010.
5. If constipation weren’t an issue – I’d eat cheese all.the.fucking.time.
6. The first time I saw my husband in cowboy boots, I laughed. [Which is weird because he’s a farmer, I blame it on the fact I was 16.]
7. I have the Harry Potter Lego game on Xbox.
8. I’ve cut my own bangs before.
9. When Lillie takes a drink from her sippy cup I’ll take a drink from my cup and maintain eye contact with her the entire time. I like to pretend we’re having a chugging contest. She usually wins.
10. When I was ten I thought I was all clever because I would tell people I was now in the double digits. I was kind of dorky as a child.
11. I don’t drink coffee, but I love the way it smells.

Meg’s Questions

1. What blog(s) or bloggers(s) inspire you? I have a ton, but I’ll just mention the one that I get excited about every time she posts.
  • Shut Up + Run – I don’t know Beth [the blog owner] but I love that she writes with abandon. Between fart jokes & what she shares personally she has been a great source of information for this running fiasco I’ve been on.
2. What’s the oldest memory you can remember?
  • I don’t know if it’s my oldest but I remember having a Nintendo hooked up to our little 12 inch black & white television that I was able to play with occasionally and one night after my mom gave me a bath [I think I may have been 5ish?] I came out and Dad had hooked it up to our big color television [I say big but compared to today’s standards it was relatively small – maybe 32?]. You guys, it was the coolest thing I had ever seen – Mario was in motherfucking color. Totally amazing.
3. What is one of your fears and why?
  • Not being able to see Lillie grow up. Like whether that means I pass away or heaven forbid she does. I live as much as I can in the present with her, but every time I see her smiling little face I can’t help but imagine the future. My heart literally feels as if it’s suffocating when I think of it.
4. If you could have one wish right now what would it be?
  • No longer have a truck or house payment. Those two bills eat the shit out of our fun money.
5. Do you have any (fur) babies and if so lets see some pics!
  • Unfortunately, Bubbles the cat is no longer with us. We think he may have chowed down on a poisoned rat – but we’re not sure. But Lillie is still alive & kicking!20120627192843
6. What’s your favorite holiday?
7.  Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
  • Way to get deep on my Meg. Sheesh. To be honest, I don’t have just one person I can pinpoint as my inspiration in my life. I’ve met amazing people throughout my short 27 years that have influenced me in ways I’m only now discovering – from the teachers who believed in me, to the friends I’ve gained & lost over the years, to my husband & my little girl. People are inspirations all around us, I just hope one day that I can be an inspiration in some way to someone else.
8. Coffee or tea?
  • Bitch, please. I’m from the south. It had better be tea and it had better be sweet.
9. What if your favorite & least favorite thing about fall?
  • Favorite thing – cooler weather with a little less humidity here in Texas is always a good thing. Even if by cooler I mean low 90s. Haha.
  • Least favorite – it’s the ending of the year. It just helps remind me that time doesn’t stand still no matter how awesome the past year was.
10. Who’s the most famous person you ever met?
  • I got nothing.
11. What’s your favorite movie?
  • I’m going to go with the old favorite Grease. I can’t help it. I’m a sucker for musicals.
Sara’s Questions
1. What is your favorite song?
  • Dude. Every song is my favorite. I seriously go through stages of different genres but the one song I always go back to is Brooks & Dunn Neon Moon.
2. What country would you love to visit and why?
  • Scotland. I don’t know why really other than I think castles are cool, it looks gorgeous in photos and hellllooo accent!
3. Do you have a show that you watch religiously each week?
  • I’m a sucker for Glee. I can’t help it. I love me some musicals. I also have a standing date each week with my BFF, Emilie, to catch up on Private Practice & Grey’s Anatomy.
4. Do you have any hobbies?
  • Right now I guess I would say running. If I have a spare moment I’m stuck in a running magazine, a blog or on the treadmill. Most of my shopping has now been converted to dri-fit shirts & finding capri’s that minimize the size of my ass. I’ve not found my luck on the latter.
5. What do you love most about blogging?
  • Meeting other people from all over the place. It’s awesome stepping out from my normal to see what other normals are. I mean, who are these people that enjoy snow anyway? This is Texas for pete’s sake – if we get 2 centimeters of hail we’re closing all schools & roadways!
6. If you could eat one food every day, what would it be?
  • Cheese. [I actually probably do eat this every day in some way or another]
7. What is your favorite holiday?
  • See #6 above in Meg’s questions!
8. Do you have any pet peeves?
  • Whenever someone pronounces the word ask like aks. Ugh. I also find that loud chewers make me want to superglue lips together.
9. What is your favorite movie?
  • See #11 in Meg’s questions!
10. Do you have a favorite article of clothing that you wear all the time?
  • Not really. I love a good pair of blue jeans and that’s what I’m usually rolling in.
11. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
  • Can I be a mid-morning person? I mean, I rock the hell out of a good 9am!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Prepare for the longest comment ever.

I love cheese.
I cut my own bangs constantly. I can't stand when they get too long.
Poor Bubbles. Yay Lillie!
I'm from the South, and I don't like iced tea. Only hot tea. Sue me.
I want to go to Scotland too! I'm convinced Gerard Butler will fall in love with me when I figure out where he lives.
I think you're awesome.
The end.

Sara said...

1. Thanks for the awesome shout-out! :-) And thanks for doing this post! It was awesome reading through your answers/facts.

2. I LOVE cheese too. Seriously, I would eat it all day if I could...pretty sure I have before, even with obvious issues that come afterwards.

3. Scotland sounds amazing. One of the places I want to visit, too!

4. I laughed my ass off when I read that you "rock the hell out of a good 9am." Awesome!

5. LOVE your memory answer! I still dig Mario.

Lin said...

I was never a fan of coffee until I two years ago when I tasted the greatness that is French Vanilla creamer. It's like crack, for real.

meg said...

that is unreal that you have chugging contests with a child haha
totally get your fear. I don't even have a kid and the thought of never seeing my niece grow up terrifies the hell out of me.
love #7. very well put.
laughed out loud at bitch please haha it had better be sweet!