Monday, May 21, 2012

Dear Monday 5.21.12

Linking up with Megan at Happy Day

Dear Monday,  you came too early this morning. Which explains my hair is a hot-ass mess and I forgot deodorant. How does that even happen?? And why are people falling over when I pass them?

Dear Stairs, I decided to be an over-achiever at lunch and go up 4 flights of stairs, back down 4 flights of stairs, do 10 burpees and then start all over again for 45 fracking minutes. Who thought this would be a good idea? Oh yeah, Moj, did. My calves have not stopped screaming obscenities at you. Which is very awkward when you're walking down the hall of a Christian school. Very awkward indeed.
 If you're not familiar with burpees, you are a lucky, lucky individual.

Dear Weekend, It was wonderful seeing you. Spending time with you. Making sweet, sweet lov...err, oops, got a little carried away. But seriously, being able to spend time with the hubby Friday sans baby {even if we did pass out at 9pm} was wonderful. And being able to chill with the in-laws Saturday at a 50th Anniversary party was so much fun {especially when they told me I was getting too skinny. SCORE!} Witnessing two people that truly have made a commitment to a partner they cherish and love is wonderful to see.

Dear Insanity, you make me want to punch baby kittens in the face for at least 40 minutes every day, but it's true what they say - you stick with it, you'll get results quicker than a mo-fo. 5 lbs down in a week, I'll take it!

Dear Husband, I live and love to pester you. Thanks for not divorcing me after our Saturday morning run to the big city of Waco where I refused to be serious and kept turning everything into a song. ♪♫ We're going to the bank, we're going to the bank...ohhhh, the bank!♪♫

Dear Lillie,  how are you already 18 months? Stop growing. You're making mama feel old.
Lillie this time last year. *sigh*
I hope your week is full of life, laughter and love...and cupcakes, because damn, cupcakes be goooood!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oooh! Fun and happy weekend! Amen to soreness and pain and working out. We're not doing Insanity, but we're doing some other challenges and we did 4 days last week- yeowch! I was not ready for that :)

I wish I had a cupcake... :(

Abbey said...

Congrats on your weight loss! Those burpees look aawful, though. Also, I hate to admit it, but I forget deodorant all the freaking time. Once I made my mom bring it to me at work in a brown paper bag so no one would know. Ha.

Tamara said...

Haha Abbey! A brown paper bag - that is hilariously awesome!

Yay for you Adrienne! 4 days a week is no laughing matter...more like crying! But what is it I see on Pinterest all the time - sweat is fat crying :) haha.