Monday, August 27, 2012

Lucky Number Seven

Phone conversation from earlier:
Tamara: So, guess what day it is?
Alfred: Uh, I don’t know. What day?
Tamara: Kind of important – it’s our 7 year anniversary!
Alfred: I thought you said it was important?
Tamara: Hardy har-har Alfredo. But no worries, I kind of forgot about it too until Emilie reminded me this morning. Oops.

And that, my friends, is how you know you’ve been together for far too long. When you forget your wedding anniversary and instead of being angry about it – you just shrug your shoulders and go on about your day.

This is either really progressive, or really sad. I haven’t decided which yet.
In any case, the husband and I have made marriage our bitch for the past 7 years [we’ve actually been together for 11 though!] We often kid each other that we need to upgrade to the next model, but it’d be too much of a pain in the ass so we’ll just stick with what we have for now.

Well, I think we’re kidding…
But for seriously, I really do feel like I’ve found my other half [I’d say better, but dudes, we all know how awesome I am] Now, don’t get me wrong, sometimes all I really want to do is punch him in the throat – but hey, that’s marriage. Some days you reserve for punching, other days you reserve for loving. Luckily, loving is usually how we roll. And when it all comes down to it, I couldn’t have imagined picking a better man to be Lillie’s father. I’ve not met a man that works harder, laughs louder or cares more than him. And being able to grow with him as a best friend, a wife, and a parent has been a gift unto itself. And while I hate admitting it to him [don’t you tell him I wrote this, he can never think he has the upper hand. It is a law of marriage, my friends!] he really has made me a more hard-working, dedicated, confident person. And it’s going to be so awesome to tell Lillie one day that “Yes, first loves do exist.”

So, without further ado – I give to you – Lehmann Laughter: A Mosiac

1-Timeline LehmannLaughter

4 comments:

Brianna Tucker said...

congrats on 7 years. I am working on year 2 so i still get excited about each month!

Adrienne said...

Whoot whoot! Happy Anniversary!

Sara said...

Happy anniversary! :-)

Abbey said...

Woohoo! Congrats. :)