Monday, April 16, 2012

Dear Monday 4.16.12

linking up with Megan at Happy Day
Dear Best Friends, i woke up this morning in a wonderful mood after spending the evening with y'all, laughing about life, eating fajitas, crushing cans redneck style & making future plans for our babies to play together.

Dear Running, we've been hanging out a lot lately and at first, I was kind of annoyed at you when you came around, but lately, I've really enjoyed your company. Our 4 mile time together last Friday was a highlight of my week. However, our time together yesterday on a trail behind our house made me want to punch baby kittens.
And I love baby kittens.

Dear MudQuest Run, I am super excited to get muddy, drink a cold one (or two, or three..) with some good friends and just enjoy the redneck lifestyle I adore so much.

Dear Diadeloso, I just bought my shirt for Thursday! And I completely understand this is for students, but man, do I wish you had toddler shirts so the Lillie-kins could show her support at the festivities too!

Dear Husband, thank you for supporting me in this running madness. Sometimes when I'm running, I imagine you at the finish line of the half-marathon I'll complete one day cheering me on...and yep, it pushes me that much harder.
I'd run into your arms any day.

Dear Lillie, thanks for letting mom push you around this past Saturday at the March Of Dimes event and for being possibly the cutest baby there. That event helped remind me of how precious our time is together and how grateful I am to God for the joy you bring me every day.

here's to a great week my friends!

8 comments:

Sar said...

How fast have you been running?! We should run together! My most is 3.5 miles but I love running buddies!

Tamara said...

I'm somewhere between 12:30 pace and 13:30 pace depending on the distance. I'm not very fast at all, but my thoughts are - I'm still going faster than the person not running at all! haha.
I just recently got up to 4 miles and that's still pushing it for me.
But yes, I would totally love to run! Having a running buddy definitely makes it more fun and it seems you run faster too!

Megan said...

That MudQuest looks FUN!

Tamara said...

Thanks Megan! It's this Saturday and we can't wait to get muddy...and Happy Birthday to you!!

Katie said...

I don't even know what a Chigger is, but I think I'm ok with that. Ha.

Tamara said...

Hey Katie - you definitely are okay with that! Trust me! They itch like the dickens. They're actually like little mites that are found in really grassy and weedy areas. I live out in the boonies, so we always have to deal with them!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002309/

Syndal said...

aah not chiggers!!!! I have had several terrible cases of chiggers..next time put sunscreen on first (if you're going to wear sunscreen) but then cover your skin in baby oil..it will repel the chiggers!

Tamara said...

Syn - thanks so much for the advice! I will definitely be trying that next time I venture out on the trails behind our house. Usually they don't bother me {they love my husband though} so this was my first real issue I've had with them. And I'd definitely be okay with not ever meeting them again!