Tuesday, September 27, 2011

15 Day Challenge, Day 10


In no particularly favorite order, here are 5 famous people that I absolutely stop clicking through the channels if I see them on.


Photo Courtesy of Facebook/ladygaga
Any one that knows me, knows I'm a fan of music. One-hit wonders, R&B, country, pop, boy bands, you name it, I listen. And I love hearing about new artists/songs from different genre's from other people.
As a result, I'm a jammer. No, not just a slight bob of the head to the beat of the music, but a full body roll with an extension of whatever is closest to my hand as a microphone singer.
I know this is ridiculous, yet I continue to do it.
I'm also fully aware I sound like this on a good day.
But I love Lady Gaga's message. She's against any type of bullying, recently discussing this issue with our president. As someone who's been on the receiving end as a young child, bullying can be pretty devastating. So having someone as well-known and famous be an advocate for you - I think it's pretty great. I'm also in love with the fact that she often cries at her shows when performing for her fans. She makes me believe that I'm awesome, no matter what because baby, I was Born This Way.

I have been a die-hard Reba fan for as long as I can remember singing to the radio. She's been in country music as long as I've been alive, she's always there for me when I don't know what to listen too. She's a great actress, a writer, a natural redhead (I'm jealous as I'm not one and wish I were), funny, beautiful and rocked the hell outta the perm in the late 80s, early 90s.
My gawd how I wanted her hair!
I just love her. She's almost part of my family in my head. Seriously.

I don't know what it is..okay, yes, I do.
He's funny.
Ha! You thought I was going to say he had a rocking body!
I mean, that's true, but mostly I feel that he has a great sense of humor.
And nearly any woman will tell you if asked what's the number one thing they want in a partner? Someone who makes them laugh. I'm slightly addicted to laughter myself, which is why I married the man I did.
He feeds this addiction on the daily.
If Alfred were a celebrity, I'd imagine he'd be something of a Ryan Reynolds.

Neil Patrick Harris

My people, this really needs no explanation. He was Doogie Howser, M.D., for pete's sake! And now he's Barney from How I Met Your Mother. Two completely different characters and both nailed perfectly.What other man can convince you 'he's a bro' on a hit television show, while in real life openly gay and proud?
Not to mention, he can sing and dance. Emmy's anyone? or Glee?
Also, as I've mentioned before I'm slightly addicted to laughter and he totally does it for me.

You can hate on my girl all you want, because I get it. Her awesomeness isn't suited for everyone. And she's had a few mistakes in her past that have been very well-documented for public consumption. But in my head, her and I are best friends for no other reason than I think she's someone who in another life would have fit very well into my friends category. We would have had play dates and complained about our husbands, went to rodeos, I would have been envious of her eyes, she would have not been envious of my giant feet, we'd talk crap about people who post ridiculous things on facebook...the stuff dreams are made of.
I don't think she's the best singer (neither am I), I don't think she's the best dancer (Lord, help me and my incessant running man), I don't think she's the perfect parent (here's looking at you Gwyneth Paltrow)...I just think she's a famous person who would probably do better in an unfamous lifestyle and I adore her for that.
I have high hopes that one day we'll both be shopping at the Family Dollar, run into each other and then have weekly date nights full of laughter and cheap wine.
A girl can dream right?


No comments: