Monday, July 16, 2012

Dear Monday 6.23.12

link up with Megan at Happy Day
Dear Monday, Hi. You smell like beans today. I do not know why. But, you do. Will you please not smell like beans next Monday? My sense of smell would greatly appreciate it.

Dear FCYF Benefit Dinner, It goes without saying that I had a blast with you Saturday night. Between the all-you-can-eat steak & shrimp, the keg beer [Bud Light FTW!] and like a 12 foot table loaded down with liquor - we had us a grand ol' time. But I think what made it was catching up with old friends [Hi Sunny & Tashsa!] and meeting new ones [Tonya, I'm totally FB stalking you now. Sorry. It had to be said.]
Justin [My husband's husband] and I trying to get the most out of our tiny straws.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
 
Dear Emilie,  Even though you tried to rip your knee off Friday you still drove us drunkards Saturday night. You couldn't even dance [and we know how we've got those moves like Jagger!] but you were a trooper. Tanner is going to be stoked when he gets to finally be held in his mamma's arms come September. You are so selfless, he picked himself a good one.
Besties.

Dear Hot 2 Trot 5k, Please be kind to me this Saturday. I read somewhere that you are slightly uphill the entire freaking race. I do not know why I signed up for a 5k..in July...in Texas...that is uphill. But I'd really rather not leave my child motherless from heat exhaustion, so if you could be a few degrees cooler and have some neat goodies in our bag pick-up that would be awesome.

Dear Lillie's Godparents, you are wonderful. Thank you for all that you do for us & Lillie.

Dear Lillie, I love that after you realized you couldn't pick up the watermelon we had sitting on the kitchen floor your proceeded to roll it to me so you could have some. Totally proved the old adage - if there's a will, there's a way.

Dear Alfredo, you make the best pork chops ever. EVER.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

I want to live where you live so I can harass you in person.