I like that I understand the concept of 'a joke'. Even the twisted ones. I can say things like "OHMYGAWD, you make me want to punch babies!" and know I don't literally want to punch babies, but the image in my head is hilarious nonetheless. I mean, dude - flying babies, come on?
I'm a really good listener - I've learned that sometimes you learn the most about people when you just let them do their thing. Let the talk, even if you really want to stop them. Sometimes people just need an ear. And I have two, so why not share?
I love that I can laugh at myself when I've done something completely stupid. Example: the other night I was working on a baby shower present for the bestie, Emilie and I said something along the lines as, "I have to make sure I put the right fabric on the right letter N or it will be all off."
Which Emilie pointed out pretty clearly was insane because it didn't matter which N I worked on since all I'd have to do was flip the two N's and it would be fine. A good, hearty laugh was had by all.
 What are you most looking forward to in the next 6 months?
- Meeting Tanner. I can't wait [wtf why am I tearing up?] to see my Emilie & Justin hold their precious son for the first time. And, of course, to give him a ton of hugs & kisses. And not through Emilie's stomach, as that may be kind of weird.
- Lillie's 2nd birthday. I have been planning since her 1st birthday when the idea struck us. [Yes, I'm that crazy that even after this, I was ready to celebrate another]. I've already made a number of purchases for the fiasco, and I'm excited to share the day with our family & friends.
- Black Friday shopping. Yes. I am that girl.
- The possibility of going on a cruise with the husband. Nothing is for certain yet, but I think it's fair to say it's happening! Any one want to go along?
- My first half-marathon. I don't know if I'm exactly looking forward to running 13.1 miles, but I am looking forward to pushing myself to see what I'm capable of. And running kind of does it for me lately.
- Breaking Dawn Part 2. [Don't judge me.]