Thursday, July 24, 2014

Silver Linings

Lehmann Laughter

If you’re new here, this link-up is every Wednesday (until the 30 weeks are up and unless I forgot about it like I did this week, oops) and it’s based off these two articles – here and here. You are welcome to take the points in any direction you choose, what I go off of is only something to get the ol’ brain ticking. Original post is here.

I hope you’ll join me!

Previous posts: Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,15 & 16.

Week 17!

Silver Linings
When things get tough, how do you emotionally handle the situation?
Are you a glass half-full or a glass half-empty?

I’m most certainly an optimist and so, my glass is always half-full.1-DSC02307


After my first half-marathon in Las Vegas with my running buddy, Sunny.


I’ve had some really terrible things happen in my life (like most people) and the only way I’ve ever known to deal with those things is to smile through it. Sure, I get down on myself or frustrated with a situation but I don’t let those things permanently affect my life or the people in my life. We only have one short life to lead, why would I want to keep it miserable when I have a choice in making it awesome?


We don’t always have a choice in what happens to us but we do have a choice in how we react to it. My reaction is to usually breathe deeply, push forward and hope that His plan and my actions coincide. Silver linings are in everything – sometimes it just takes a little distance to see them.












Is there something in your life where the silver lining wasn’t so easily seen?

1 comment:

Sar said...

Your positivity and smile have always helped me remain optimistic! Thanks for being AWESOME.