Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Who is your Biggest Competitor?

Lehmann Laughter

If you’re new here, this link-up is every Wednesday (until the 30 weeks are up) and it’s based off these two articles – here and here. You are welcome to take the points in any direction you choose, what I go off of is only something to get the ol’ brain ticking. Original post is here.

I hope you’ll join me!

Previous posts: Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14.

Week 15!

Who is your biggest competitor?
Do you compete with yourself or with others?

I’ve struggled with comparing myself to others – especially in this social media focused world – but overall, it’s usually with myself. Of course, the first thing I think of is running. Over the past couple of years, I’ve pushed myself harder and further than I ever dreamed. And I did it all while maintaining a below average running pace despite the fact that I’m young and in decent shape. And you know, had people pushing two kids in strollers passing me while on the phone.


But when doubts started to creep in, I’d just remind myself at how far I have come – one of the perks of blogging about it for sure. I’d just be able to look back at my previous times or race recaps and instantly be transported to my first 10k, or half, and that was enough for me to keep pushing through.


IMG_4134


Who do you compete with?



2 comments:

Amanda Arr said...

Doesn't matter where you are, there's always some dude pushing a stroller who's faster than you.

You've come a long way with your running, keep up the good work, girl!

Holly said...

I always compete with myself, or I find an old man/lady running faster than me and I try to beat them :-P But usually any kind of 'competition' that I face is in running, because I try not to compare my life to others' and if I do I don't make it a competition.